Updated Guide Helps Older Homeowners Use Your Home To Stay At Homeâ¿¢
As the only national aging organization that provides reverse mortgage counseling, NCOA brings a unique approach to helping older homeowners examine all of their options when it comes to staying independent. HUD requires that all counselors use NCOA's free, confidential BenefitsCheckUp® ( www.BenefitsCheckUp.org) service to determine if reverse mortgage clients are eligible for an array of benefits that could help them pay for everyday expenses like food, medicine, and utilities.
In addition, NCOA offers other tools to help older homeowners make the most of their home equity, so they can stay economically secure while maintaining their independence for as long as possible. These include:
- Home Equity Advisor ( www.HomeEquityAdvisor.org): Developed with a grant from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, this website offers a free Quick Check for older homeowners who want to explore how they can use their home equity to meet their retirement goals and avoid scams.
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling Services Network ( www.ncoa.org/RMCounseling): NCOA's trained counselors help older adults understand the costs and features of different types of reverse mortgage and evaluate the pros and cons for their individual situation. They also discuss other options, including public and private benefits, which can help seniors stay independent longer. HUD has approved NCOA as one of nine reverse mortgage counseling intermediaries.
For more information about reverse mortgages and home equity options and resources, please visit www.ncoa.org/HomeEquity.
About NCOA The National Council on Aging is a nonprofit service and advocacy organization headquartered in Washington, DC. NCOA is a national voice for millions of older adults—especially those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged—and the community organizations that serve them. It brings together nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government to develop creative solutions that improve the lives of all older adults. NCOA works with thousands of organizations across the country to help seniors find jobs and benefits, improve their health, live independently, and remain active in their communities. For more information, please visit: www.ncoa.org | www.facebook.com/NCOAging | www.twitter.com/NCOAgingSOURCE National Council on Aging
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV