Wedding Cake Stamp Adds Bliss To Nuptial Invitations
LOUISVILLE, Ky. , Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Postal Service reissued the Wedding Cake stamp in a 66-cent version to accommodate the 1-cent price change that goes into effect Jan. 27. (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130122/DC46124)
Available in panes of 20, customers may purchase the stamps at usps.com/stamps , by phone at 800-STAMP24 (800-782-6724) and at Post Offices nationwide.
The stamp was dedicated in Louisville during the American Philatelic Society's AmeriStamp Expo at the Kentucky International Convention Center.The Wedding Cake stamp, introduced in 2009 and sold at the two-ounce price, accommodates the heavier weight of an invitation, as well as other mailings such as oversize cards or small gifts that require extra postage. The stamp art features a photograph taken by Renée Comet of Washington, DC, of a three-tier wedding cake topped with white flowers. The cake was created and designed by pastry chef Peter Brett of Washington, DC. Art director Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, MD, designed the stamp. Ordering First-Day Postmarks Customers have 60 days to obtain the first-day-of-issue postmark by mail. They may purchase new stamps at their local Post Office, at usps.com/stamps, or by calling 800-STAMP24 (800-782-6724). They should affix the stamps to envelopes of their choice, address the envelopes to themselves or others, and place them in a larger envelope addressed to: Wedding Cake Stamp Retail Manager US Postal Service 4500 Annshire Ave. Louisville, KY 40213 After applying the first-day-of-issue postmark, the Postal Service will return the envelopes through the mail. There is no charge for the postmark. All orders must be postmarked by March 18, 2013. Ordering First-Day Covers The Postal Service also offers first-day covers for new stamp issues and Postal Service stationery items postmarked with the official first-day-of-issue cancellation. Each item has an individual catalog number and is offered in the quarterly USA Philatelic catalog, online at usps.com/shop or by calling 800-782-6724. Customers may request a free catalog by calling 800-782-6724 or writing to: U.S. Postal Service Catalog Request PO Box 219014 Kansas City, MO 64121-9014 Philatelic Products There are seven philatelic products available:
- 579706, Press Sheet with die cuts, $132.00 (Print Quantity of 2,500).
- 579708, Press Sheet without die cuts, $132.00 (Print Quantity of 2,500).
- 579710, Keepsake (Pane of 20 & Digital Postmark Set), $15.95.
- 579716, First Day Cover, $1.10. 579721, Digital Color Postmark, $1.81.
- 579731, Stamp Deck Card, $0.95.
- 579732, Stamp Deck Card w/Digital Color Postmark, $2.16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV