Zero To 100 Aims To Inspire Our Nation's Youth To Live With Determination And Purpose
SANTA BARBARA, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In the male dominated sport of surfing, Lakey Peterson has overcome personal challenges and pushed limits to become one of the world's top female surfers. Zero to 100 is a film by Aaron Lieber that navigates the personal and professional rise of Lakey Peterson, while providing an intimate and inspiring view into what makes her tick and how she balances fame at such a young age. The world premiere of Zero to 100 will take place on Sunday, February 10 at 7 p.m. at Santa Barbara's Lobero Theatre.
As one of the top female surfers, Lakey Peterson earned a position on the Association of Surfing Professionals (ASP) World Tour, an honor reserved for the surfing elite. Zero to 100 follows Lakey Peterson during her 'rookie year' on the tour, revealing breathtaking cinematography from some of the planet's most remote and picturesque locations. As the first woman ever to complete an aerial in competition, Lakey is known for her athletic power and early rise in the surf industry. However, Zero to 100 goes much deeper than most of your typical surf films. The film delves head first into Lakey's life as a determined athlete climbing her way to the top, while at the same time overcoming learning disabilities and balancing her deeply inspiring philanthropic nature to give back to people in need around the world.
"When you are in the public eye, you have the opportunity, and I believe the responsibility, to set a good example. There are so many young people today who struggle with their identity, who don't feel valued or like they could ever really make a difference in life," said Peterson. "I hope this film will inspire them to go after their dreams and make a positive impact in this world."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV