TV Hack Is Back At MIPCube
PARIS, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- It's back! The MIPCube TV Hack will bring developers and designers together with content industry leaders to create the next generation of engaging video apps. At the heart of MIPTV, the TV Hack promises, once again, to break the mould in the video content space. Organised by Reed MIDEM, MIPTV runs in Cannes, France, from 8-11 April.
The 2013 edition of the TV Hack is co-organised and co-sponsored by BeMyApp, specialists in staging events that bring the world's top developers together.
The event is designed to inspire developers to create a prototype — or "hack" — of something that enhances the video content experience for users and provides new business ideas to the TV industry. This could involve anything from social TV, to programming or user interaction.
The TV Hack is launching a call for entries, open until 22 February. The 15 selected developers will be announced early March 2013. The hack starts Monday 8 April in the Palais des Festivals and demos will be presented on Tuesday evening in the MIPCube Square. During 36 hours, the hackers will work on application programming interfaces (APIs) and then present their demo during the MIPTV and MIPCube conference programme, showcasing fresh ideas to fulfil the promise of an innovation-focused event. Winners will get to present their work in front of the MIPTV audience on Wednesday 10 April.In a fresh twist on the usual "hackathon" format, selected attendees at MIPTV will have the opportunity to submit their ideas to developers at the start of the TV Hack, on Monday 8 April. This throws down a challenge for the developers, making the event an invaluable laboratory for content executives to test their ideas, and helping them gain a better understanding of how technology can enhance their business. This is also a great opportunity for TV executives to identify tech talents to work with.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV