NEWTON, Mass., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SeatGuru®, the ultimate online guide to air travel, today revealed several site enhancements that further help flyers find the best seats and flights. The iconic color-coded airline seat maps have been updated with a fresh look, a more intuitive layout, and additional content such as user submitted photos. Furthermore, travelers can now shop for flights and quickly identify itineraries that offer the best onboard experience with the new "Guru Factor" rating system.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/57946-seatguru-by-tripadvisor-re-launches-website-for-air-travel-planning
For more than 10 years, SeatGuru has been the leading resource for frequent flyers and savvy travelers looking for unbiased seat map information and advice along with details on aircraft amenities. The new site builds on that content and was designed with features to elevate the user experience including:
- Live Flight Shopping - Leveraging the powerful TripAdvisor flight comparison search engine, SeatGuru can now help travelers find the lowest available fares on hundreds of flights, and show those that score highest on seating comfort and onboard amenities.
- User Provided Photos - Flyers can now view photos of individual aircraft seats along with the associated commentary and amenity information, helping to avoid any unpleasant surprises once they board their flights. SeatGuru users also have the ability to easily upload their own seat photos.
- Featured User Comment - Along with SeatGuru's existing advice and curated recommendations on seats, the site will also show selected comments from travelers on the new seat map pages to help travelers make an informed decision when choosing a seat.
- Improved navigation - SeatGuru has made it easier to look up the seat map for your flight with improved search functionality by route or flight number and better aircraft matching logic. Along with the ability to browse a directory or airlines and aircraft, the new site also makes it easier to quickly scan the seating details for every aircraft.
- Guru Factor - the new flight search tool includes the Guru Factor which offers detailed seat comfort and onboard amenity information along with a overall recommendation of either "Love it," "Like it," or "Live with it" for your flight itinerary. The Guru Factor is customized by each cabin class and is comprised of an overall comfort score based on the type of seat, seat pitch, width, and recline, in-flight entertainment options, onboard amenities, and TripAdvisor customer satisfaction ratings for airlines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV