SEATTLE, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allrecipes.com, the world's #1 digital food brand with more than one billion annual visits , partnered with Meredith women's lifestyle brands Better Homes and Gardens, Ladies' Home Journal, Family Circle, Eating Well, Fitness and Recipe.com to uncover the hottest food trends among home cooks. The report: The Measuring Cup Trend Report: What American Families are Cooking and Eating: 2013 Trends, available as a free download, concludes healthier eating will continue to be a top priority for home cooks, whether it's incorporating probiotics, "clean" ingredients, or more fruits and vegetables in everyday meals.
"Partnering with America's largest women's lifestyle brands allowed Allrecipes to take an expanded glimpse into the shopping carts and kitchens of tens of millions of family-focused women," said Esmee Williams, vice president of Brand Marketing at Allrecipes. "In the coming year women will continue to place a heightened importance on making smarter food choices to influence their family's health and wellness through diet. We'll also see an increasing number of women rely on new technologies to simplify everyday meal planning, food shopping and cooking through the use of apps and sites on their smartphones and tablets, and connecting with their peers for mealtime inspiration on social sites such as Tumblr, Allrecipes and Pinterest."
The report also found that women are flexing their creative muscles in kitchen. Using whiskey as a flavoring is on the rise, while novelty cakes have taken the place of the traditional sweet treats. Home cooks continue to be mindful of saving money by recreating their favorite restaurant dishes at home rather than dining out.Below is a summary of 2013 trends:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV