Jan. 22, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Adding to its comprehensive portfolio of communications services including high speed Internet, cable TV and phone, Cox Communications announced the launch of Home Security to customers in
. Cox started piloting the new product in
in 2011 and launched in four additional markets in 2012.
Cox Home Security provides advanced features not found in most traditional alarm systems with time-saving, cost-saving, and worry-saving features to help customers manage their family's safety. The reliable, 24/7 secure monitoring systems feature:
- Intrusion and home safety monitoring (includes fire, gas and flood)
- Remote access so the system can be controlled away from home via a secure online site or Smartphone app
- Email/Text alerts to notify customers of occurrences at the home
- Safety sensors to detect hazardous conditions such as carbon monoxide and smoke
- Secure video monitoring available via smart phone or a web browser
- Control of home functions such as lighting and temperature
Demonstrations of the service are available in the Cox Solutions Stores in
, enhancing the high-tech, high-touch service experience in its retail environment.
"Customers trust Cox each day to connect them to the things they care about. For most people, home and family are at the top of that list. Cox Home Security is a natural extension of the communications services we deliver," said
, Senior Vice President and General Manager.
Cox Home Security is reinventing the services and options customers have available to them to help protect their home, family, time and budget. Equipment for a basic system is free with a
installation and three year contract with professionally monitored Home Security service plans starting at
One of Cox's competitive advantages with this product is the ability to offer customers a Cox bundle. With the addition of home security services, all of a customer's Cox services will appear on one bill. Customers who live in the Cox service area but are not currently Cox subscribers, may also choose Cox Home Security as a stand-alone product.