WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) joined forces with the Rhode Island National Guard and Reserve and sponsored a "Hiring Our Heroes" Hiring Fair at the National Guard Armory in Warwick, RI this morning. The job fair helped veterans, active military members and military spouses find meaningful employment opportunities at CVS Caremark.
"Hiring Our Heroes plays a vital role in connecting our nation's veterans to jobs," said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO of CVS Caremark. "Our servicemen and women, and their families, sacrifice so much for our country. This initiative helps ease their transition from active duty to civilian life and we are proud to be a part of it."
Prior to the job fair, CVS Caremark's President and CEO Larry Merlo signed the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve's Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve. By signing the pledge, CVS Caremark made a commitment to support the nation's veterans and active military members. Merlo was joined by Brigadier General Charles Petrarca, the Assistant Adjutant General of the Rhode Island National Guard; James Rebholz, National Chairman of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; Mike Ritz, Chairman of the Rhode Island branch of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve; and Kevin Schmiegel, Executive Director of Hiring Our Heroes and Vice President of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce."CVS Caremark appreciates the values and skills service members bring to the workforce. Currently, veterans and military members work in a number of positions across our company and we are pleased to be encouraging opportunities to hire additional guardsmen, reservists, and veterans," added Merlo. "We are looking forward to learning about how these talented individuals may be able to strengthen our business and enhance our company's workforce."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV