Fifth Third Bancorp today announced the introduction of a completely new version of the Fifth Third Bank Young Bankers Club (YBC). Originally launched in 2004, YBC is Fifth Third’s signature financial educational program for elementary students.
The Young Bankers Club teaches fifth-grade youth the basics about money: what it is, how it’s earned, and how it’s used. The lessons were developed to help students establish a sound foundation in money management as well as instill an appreciation for saving and financial education. YBC lessons are taught in school classrooms, often by a Fifth Third Bank employee serving as a mentor for the program. Students who finish are awarded a certificate of completion. The YBC is part of Fifth Third Bank’s innovative programming designed to financially empower people of all ages.
“The new Young Bankers Club is an exciting and creative way for students who attend school in our markets to be engaged,” said Gregory Imm, senior vice president and director of Community Affairs, Fifth Third Bancorp. “YBC is a fun and educational journey that will start them on a path of success. We offer the free program because it will have a lasting impact on the individual lives of thousands of fifth-grade students.”
YBC features a comprehensive curriculum that meets national and state educational standards for fifth-grade mathematics. It includes 10 lessons covering such topics as Money Basics, Money Matters, Spending Money, Budgeting, Personal Banking, Credit Cards and Interest, Investments, and Starting Your Own Business—all written at an age-appropriate level and incorporating standards-based, real-world math problems.The Club’s most innovative feature is the new vault video game challenge that encourages students to complete money-related activities to unlock levels of a vault. After all levels have been passed, students will uncover what resides inside. As students play the game and complete the program, they will:
- Identify what money is.
- Understand the difference between wants and needs.
- Make basic money calculations.
- Explore various careers and how much income they can earn.
- Learn the basics of the stock market.
- Understand the operations of a bank branch or financial center.
- Create budgets and study spending.
- Examine interest and credit cards.
- Practice managing a bank account.
- Learn how to create a business plan for a small business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV