Caribou Coffee Rings In The New Year With Two Flavorful New Coffee Offerings
MINNEAPOLIS, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As fans everywhere welcome the new year, Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOU) is excited to celebrate 2013 with the launch of two new whole bean coffees: Colombia Cosecha de Oro and Traveler's Roast. These delicious new light and medium roasts, respectively, were designed to help fans enjoy more tastes from the large spectrum of flavors that they offer while delivering Caribou's signature premium coffee experience.
The launch of these new coffees comes on the heels of an exciting 2012 for Caribou Coffee – a year that brought growth and the coffeehouse's 20 th anniversary celebration. Caribou's new Colombia Cosecha de Oro and Traveler's Roast coffees will join Caribou's extensive coffee line-up – 20 choices – which offers a broad range of coffees – light, dark and medium roasts – to provide customers with a wide range of coffee experiences and tastes.
- Colombia Cosecha de Oro: We listened to fan feedback on our Colombia coffee offering and are excited to introduce this refined option to satisfy guests looking for a lighter roast. Cosecha de Oro means "golden harvest" in Spanish, and this flavorful coffee also features caramel notes along with hints of subtle vanilla and sweet fruit flavors.
- Traveler's Roast: A medium-bodied blend, Traveler's Roast is juicy and complex with a silky, smooth finish. Fans will love this choice for its dark chocolate qualities and "syrup-like" body.
Like all Caribou coffees and espresso, both coffees are Rainforest Alliance Certified ™, a certification that ensures that farmers, as well as their families and greater communities, receive decent wages, access to education and medical care, and that beans are harvested responsibly to protect the environment. The Rainforest Alliance certification is one of the most comprehensive certifications of its kind, ensuring that coffee drinkers can "sip responsibly" with sustainable coffee that supports a more sustainable planet."Product innovation has been a priority for Caribou Coffee since day one, and continuing to surprise our fans with new coffees that offer a range of flavor profiles is something we pride ourselves on," said Alfredo Martel, senior vice president of marketing and product management, "Our team travels around the world in search of the very best beans and exciting new tastes, so we're thrilled to be bringing these latest options to the Caribou community, especially knowing that they are sourced in a way that provides support for farming communities, while also protecting the planet." The new Colombia Cosecha de Oro and Traveler's Roast blend launched yesterday, Monday, January 21, 2013 , and are available for purchase in stores and online. They are permanent additions to the Caribou portfolio. For more information about Caribou Coffee, please visit Caribou Coffee's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cariboucoffee or follow Caribou on Twitter at @Caribou_Coffee. About Caribou Coffee Founded in 1992, Caribou Coffee Company is one of the leading branded coffee companies in the United States, with a compelling multi-channel approach to their customers. Based on the number of coffeehouses, Caribou Coffee is the second largest company-operated premium coffeehouse operator in the United States. As of September 30, 2012, the Company had 610 coffeehouses, including 202 franchised locations, in 22 states, the District of Columbia and ten international markets. The Company's coffeehouses aspire to be the community place loved by guests who are provided an extraordinary experience that makes their day better. Caribou Coffee provides the highest quality handcrafted beverages, foods and coffee lifestyle items with a unique blend of expertise, fun and authentic human connection in a comfortable and welcoming coffeehouse environment. In addition, Caribou Coffee's unique coffees are available within grocery stores, mass merchandisers, club stores, office coffee and foodservice providers, hotels, entertainment venues and e-commerce channels. Caribou Coffee is a proud recipient of the Rainforest Alliance Corporate Green Globe Award and is committed to operating practices that promote sustainability and environmental protection. For more information, visit the Caribou Coffee web site at www.cariboucoffee.com. CONTACT: Blythe PosnerRuder Finn, Inc.(212) 593-6306 email@example.com SOURCE Caribou Coffee Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV