MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Synopsys contributes PyCell™ application programming interface (API) technology to the IPL Alliance, and will continue providing PyCell Studio at no charge
- Contribution provides an open and proven API for advanced-node interoperable PCells
- IPL Alliance Working Group will guide future enhancements of the PyCell API
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced that it has contributed the specification and definition of Python PCell (PyCell) API technology to the Interoperable PDK Libraries (IPL) Alliance. The contribution will benefit the custom design community by allowing IPL member companies to be directly involved in the evolution of the Interoperable Process Design Kit (iPDK) standard.
Synopsys' PyCell API contribution is a milestone in the advancement of an open custom design ecosystem. Leading semiconductor companies will, for the first time, be able to collectively define and innovate this important proven PCell technology, which is the foundation of iPDK. Through the collaborative efforts of IPL Alliance members, the design community can benefit from accelerated delivery of PCell technology that meets the needs of complex advanced semiconductor processes and reduces the risk associated with reliance on a single vendor's proprietary language.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts