Spring, Electricity In The Air In Couture Day 1
To the sound of birdsong, the designer presented a show where models, like forest spirits, sported moist organic hairstyles.
The looping, shredding and draping of diaphanous fabrics such as crepe, chiffon, organza and taffeta â¿¿ often with glistening crystal beads â¿¿ were aimed at evoking the delicate layers of foliage.
In some ensembles this worked.
A shredded, flowing white silk look that included flared chiffon pants flowed beautifully with the natural movement of the model.However, at times the contrasting shredded fabrics came across busy in their myriad cutouts and loops. ATELIER VERSACE It was high octane glamor for Donatella Versace, who kicked off the haute couture season with a front row of celebrities and a sculpted razor-sharp set of silhouettes. Taking inspiration from glass domes and steel beams, metal lines constructed the clothes in 24 carat gold pinstripe â¿¿ and oversized fluorescent leather piping marked out the neckline. Many inches of exposed leg and peek-a-boo slits accompanied this to make the show ooze with sexuality. The 27 looks included a bubblegum pink babydoll evening dress with pink crystals and mirrors, and a deep V cut into the front. It proves ones thing: The all-guns-blazing Versace woman is certainly not shy. ____ Follow Thomas Adamson at http://Twitter.com/ThomasAdamsonAP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV