Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) announced today that as of 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on January 18, 2013 (the “Early Tender Date”), it had received tenders for an aggregate principal amount of approximately $633 million of its outstanding 9.750% Senior Notes due 2014 (the “Notes”) in its previously announced cash tender offer (the “Tender Offer”). The terms and conditions of the Tender Offer are set forth in Staples’ Offer to Purchase dated January 7, 2013 (the “Offer to Purchase”), and the related Letter of Transmittal.
Holders of Notes validly tendered and not withdrawn at or prior to the Early Tender Date and accepted for purchase will be eligible to receive the “Total Consideration” specified in the table below, which includes the Early Tender Premium (as defined in the Offer to Purchase). Holders of Notes validly tendered and not withdrawn after the Early Tender Date but at or prior to 11:59 p.m., New York City time, on February 4, 2013 (such date and time, as it may be extended, the “Expiration Date”) and accepted for purchase will be eligible to receive the Tender Offer Consideration, namely the Total Consideration minus the Early Tender Premium specified in the table below. In addition to the Total Consideration or Tender Offer Consideration, as applicable, Holders of Notes accepted for purchase will receive Accrued Interest (as defined in the Offer to Purchase) on those Notes from the last interest payment date with respect to those Notes to, but not including, the applicable Settlement Date (as defined in the Offer to Purchase).
|Title of||CUSIP||Treasury||Bloomberg||Fixed||Tender Offer||Early Tender||Total|
|9.750% Notesdue 2014||855030AJ1||1.00% U.S. Treasury Notedue January 15, 2014||BBT4||50 bps||$1,058.51||$30.00||$1,088.51|
(1) Per $1,000 principal amount of Securities validly tendered.
The principal amount of Notes that may be purchased pursuant to the Tender Offer will not exceed the maximum tender amount of $750,000,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV