NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today I profile another five Dow components and four other companies that report quarterly results on Wednesday and Thursday. Included today is my latest update on Apple (AAPL) which reports tomorrow after the close. On Monday, I profiled nine stocks that report quarterly results today in How to Trade the Big Stocks Reporting Earnings Tuesday.
At www.ValuEngine.com we show that 41.4% of all stocks are undervalued, and that all 16 sectors are overvalued. Here are the latest sector readings. Note that 12 sectors have elevated trailing 12 months price-to-earnings ratios.
Among today's nine companies one is rated strong buy, five are rated buy and three are rated hold, five are undervalued by 0.5% to 32.0% and four are overvalued by 6.1% to 9.1%. Only two are down over the last 12 months, and all seven of the winners show double-digit gains of 15.0% to 41.6%.
All are expected to be higher 12 months from now with projected gains of between 3.3% and 12.2%. The trailing 12 months P/E range from 10.4 to 24.4. We show 5 of 9 above their 200-day simple moving averages reflecting the downside risk of a reversion to the mean.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV