DANBURY, Conn., Jan. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FuelCell Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq:FCEL), a global leader in the design, manufacture, operation and service of ultra-clean, efficient and reliable fuel cell power plants, today announced that FuelCell Energy Solutions, GmbH has entered into a multi-year service agreement for a stationary fuel cell power plant owned by Elektrizitaetswerke Zurich (ewz), an electric utility company in Switzerland. FuelCell Energy Solutions (FCES) will operate and maintain the power plant in close collaboration with ewz and will supervise the plant from a European-based operations center that is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
ewz is among the largest energy utility companies in Switzerland and is a supplier of electricity for the city of Zurich as well as parts of the canton Graubünden since 1892. As a utility, ewz pursues and is actively involved in the development of new technologies for distributed power generation.
"This fuel cell power plant operating since November 2010 is the first carbonate fuel cell installation utilized in Switzerland," said Marcel Frei, Director, Elektrizitaetswerke Zurich. "We want to be the leading utility in Switzerland with a clear leading position in ecology and energy efficiency. We are demonstrating our strong motivation to invest in new technologies and in new renewable energy with this fuel cell power plant. We are performing an assessment of this carbonate fuel cell power plant to evaluate the electricity and heat output, the operating costs and the integration with the gas network for the fuel supply."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV