Exactech, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXAC), a developer and producer of bone and joint restoration products for hip, knee, shoulder, spine and biologic materials, announced today that it expects to report revenue for the fourth quarter of 2012 of $59.7 million, an increase of 13% compared to $53.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2011 which will result in full year unaudited revenues of $224.8 million, compared to $205.4 million for 2011, a 9% increase. For the full year 2012, U.S. sales increased 9% to $145.6 million and international sales increased 9% to $79.2 million. During the fourth quarter, U.S. sales grew 13% to $38.3 million and international sales increased 13% during the quarter to $21.5 million.
Full year sales by product segment were as follows:
2012 Full Year
• Knee implant revenue increased 2% to $81.6 million
• Extremities implant revenue increased 30% to $52.1 million
• Hip implant revenues increased 21% to $40.9 million
• Biologic & spine segment revenues increased 1% to $24.5 million
• Other revenue decreased to $25.7 million from $27.4 million in 2011
Fourth quarter sales by product segment were as follows:
• Knee implant revenue increased 4% to $20.9 million
• Extremities implant revenue increased 35% to $14.9 million
• Hip implant revenues increased 12% to $10.4 million
• Biologic & spine segment revenues increased 10% to $6.5 million
• Other revenue increased 4% to $7.0 million from $6.6 million.
Exactech will announce full results for the fourth quarter and year-end 2012 on Tuesday, February 26, 2013. The company will hold a conference call with CEO Dr. William Petty and key members of the management team on Wednesday, February 27 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern. Further details will be released at a later date.