Usdin also said that the banks credit quality was looking "good," and took note of the fourth-quarter reserve release, which declined from $229 million in the third quarter, by saying "we do not think this should be a surprise."
The analyst has a "Hold" rating on Regions, with a price target of $7.50, estimating the company will earn 77 cents a share in 2013.
Regions Financial's shares closed at $7.43 Friday, trading just above their reported Dec. 31 tangible book value of $7.11, and for 9.4 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 79 cents. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is 81 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV