Usdin also said that the banks credit quality was looking "good," and took note of the fourth-quarter reserve release, which declined from $229 million in the third quarter, by saying "we do not think this should be a surprise."
The analyst has a "Hold" rating on Regions, with a price target of $7.50, estimating the company will earn 77 cents a share in 2013.
Regions Financial's shares closed at $7.43 Friday, trading just above their reported Dec. 31 tangible book value of $7.11, and for 9.4 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 79 cents. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is 81 cents.
data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV