NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medscape from WebMD (Nasdaq: WBMD), the leading source of clinical news, health information and point-of-care tools for healthcare professionals, has released a new design and enhanced features for its Medscape app for the iPad ® and iPad ® mini. Medscape is the highest-rated and fastest-growing free medical app among physicians, providing vital information for clinicians at the point of care.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/58236-webmd-medscape-new-medical-ipad-app-for-healthcare-professionals
Medscape has approximately 3 million registered app users. Medscape's suite of mobile clinical reference tools conveniently assists physicians and other healthcare providers through their preferred mobile device. Included in the free Medscape app are formulary information, medical calculators, drug, disease and condition references, and a drug interaction checker. Intuitive and easy to search and navigate, the app provides the latest medical news, keeping physicians abreast of the most important news impacting their practices. In addition, the app offers continuing medical education and training to meet licensure requirements.From streamlined content updates to full optimization across the multi-screen platform, Medscape continues to innovate to better serve the needs of physicians and healthcare providers. The Medscape app provides current and comprehensive reference information along with clinical multimedia content. With insights from leading academic thought leaders and Medscape CME courses from the leading provider of online CME, healthcare providers can use the Medscape app for a broad range of professional purposes. "There is a growing trend among healthcare providers in all specialties to integrate mobile devices into their daily workflows to conveniently access information and clinical tools," said Steve Zatz, Executive Vice President for WebMD Professional Services. "Medscape is dedicated to providing decision-making support at the point of care, offering healthcare providers the most robust content and services at no cost." New features now available on the free Medscape App for the iPad and iPad mini include:
- Medical Calculators: Users can access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Additionally, there are over 600 drugs in the drug reference with integrated dosing calculators.
- Formulary Information: The Medscape app provides clinicians with a complete list of over 1,800 insurance plans across all 50 states. Physicians can save their accepted health plans and have access to the tier status of a particular drug, compare the tier status for drugs in the same class, and know which drugs are covered and least expensive to patients based on their insurance plans, all within the app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV