Nu Skin Enterprises Inc. [ Free Research Report on NUS] [ 1 ], on the other hand, is looking to report 19 percent increase in its revenue for the fourth quarter of the year. It is scheduled to announce its fourth quarter financial numbers on February 6 th. However, not all is well with Nu Skin either. The company's business model is under considerable scrutiny after the Herbalife hullabaloo in the market. Like Herbalife, Nu Skin also operates on Multi Level Marketing model and thus is likely to be taken as a pyramid scheme. Nu Skin has the usual mix of anti ageing products and nutritional supplements in its portfolio. While the company is reporting consistent growth in its sales and profits, it is difficult to ignore that MLM companies have long been accused of providing misleading figures. Therefore, it is difficult to take the financial numbers at their face value.
Both Avon and Nu Skin are looking to expand their brands in international markets. While Avon started the process under its erstwhile CEO Andrea Jung and yielded lukewarm results, Nu Skin is about to go ahead with its five-year plan to consolidate its position in emerging markets like China.
Avon is also looking at dire times as it plans to slash its workforce by 1,500 in order to curtail costs. The company also made questionable decision to forego Coty offer of $24.75 per share. Its stock is now trading in the vicinity of $16 a pop. Apart from tough economic scene, both the companies seem to be dealing with myriad of internal problems like questionable business model and inefficiencies.
- Nu Skin Enterprises Inc. Technical Analysis [ http://www.StockCall.com/NuSkinEnterprisesInc012213.pdf ]
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV