OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Dictionary.com ( www.dictionary.com), the preferred online and mobile dictionary for students of all ages, announced that its new GRE test prep app, GRE by Dictionary.com, is available for iPhone and iPad. The company is adding mobile GRE prep to its growing suite of learning tools, which offer students a personalized, game-based word learning experience in order to build the vocabulary they need to compete in an increasingly competitive academic and job landscape.
GRE by Dictionary.com offers fun, addictive games designed to help students master the most common GRE words in 10 minutes per day, or less. The app will prepare students for what they'll encounter in the GRE verbal section by offering games designed to build command of word meaning, synonyms and sentence completion.
"If the academic rigors of many high schools today resembles that of college, then we'd better get serious about preparing our students for grad school," said Shravan Goli, CEO, Dictionary.com. "GRE prep doesn't need to be the crucible that it is for so many students. With GRE by Dictionary.com, we're leveraging game mechanics to create a fun, personalized learning experience that will keep students prepared, motivated and confident."In addition to helping those on the path to graduate school, the app is designed to appeal to ESL students, word lovers and all those who want to give their English vocabulary a boost, allowing them to:
- Master 1,000 of the most frequently tested words on the GRE
- Play fast, addictive games, mastering difficult words in just 10 minutes per day
- Get expert-level test-taking tips and secrets
- Earn badges, accomplish goals and unlock content
- Track progress against a test date, or any other date they choose
- Receive personal learning goals based on daily game performance
- Practice words and definitions at an individualized pace with flashcards
- Work offline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV