OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Dictionary.com ( www.dictionary.com), the preferred online and mobile dictionary for students of all ages, announced that its new GRE test prep app, GRE by Dictionary.com, is available for iPhone and iPad. The company is adding mobile GRE prep to its growing suite of learning tools, which offer students a personalized, game-based word learning experience in order to build the vocabulary they need to compete in an increasingly competitive academic and job landscape.
GRE by Dictionary.com offers fun, addictive games designed to help students master the most common GRE words in 10 minutes per day, or less. The app will prepare students for what they'll encounter in the GRE verbal section by offering games designed to build command of word meaning, synonyms and sentence completion.
"If the academic rigors of many high schools today resembles that of college, then we'd better get serious about preparing our students for grad school," said Shravan Goli, CEO, Dictionary.com. "GRE prep doesn't need to be the crucible that it is for so many students. With GRE by Dictionary.com, we're leveraging game mechanics to create a fun, personalized learning experience that will keep students prepared, motivated and confident."In addition to helping those on the path to graduate school, the app is designed to appeal to ESL students, word lovers and all those who want to give their English vocabulary a boost, allowing them to:
- Master 1,000 of the most frequently tested words on the GRE
- Play fast, addictive games, mastering difficult words in just 10 minutes per day
- Get expert-level test-taking tips and secrets
- Earn badges, accomplish goals and unlock content
- Track progress against a test date, or any other date they choose
- Receive personal learning goals based on daily game performance
- Practice words and definitions at an individualized pace with flashcards
- Work offline