SEATTLE, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alaska Airlines' Mary Hefty has been named managing director of station operations for Horizon Air, where she is responsible for airport and customer service operations in 31 cities spanning California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Canada and Mexico.
An 18-year veteran of Alaska Airlines, Hefty most recently served as director of customer service-airports in the carrier's Western Region. Her experience with the airline has also included responsibilities in reservations, revenue management, station operations, cargo and system operational control. Hefty spent nearly half her career in the state of Alaska.
"Mary has extensive cross-divisional experience from working in so many areas of the airline. Her vast knowledge of the business and her savvy for bringing teams together uniquely qualifies her for this position," said Diana Shaw, Horizon Air vice president of customer service.Hefty earned a degree in Scandinavian and global studies from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, Wash., and a MBA from the University of Alaska, Anchorage. Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together serve more than 95 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines has ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates North America Airline Satisfaction Study(SM) for five consecutive years from 2008 to 2012. For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom. SOURCE Alaska Air Group
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV