TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) has released results for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. The Company gathered record net new client assets of $16 billion – a 13 percent annualized growth rate – up more than 50 percent from the same quarter a year ago.
The Company’s results for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 include the following: (1)
- Net income of $147 million, or $0.27 per diluted share
- Record net new client assets of approximately $16 billion, a record annualized growth rate of 13 percent
- Average client trades per day of approximately 334,000, an activity rate of 5.8 percent (2)
- Net revenues of $651 million, 58 percent of which were asset-based
- Record market fee-based revenue of $55 million, up 28 percent year-over-year
- Pre-tax income of $237 million, or 36 percent of net revenues
- EBITDA of $286 million, or 44 percent of net revenues (3)
- Record interest rate sensitive assets (4) of $90 billion, up 14 percent year-over-year
- Client assets of approximately $481 billion
“Record net new client assets of $16 billion and earnings per share of 27 cents is a significant achievement in this environment, and a strong start to our fiscal year,” said Fred Tomczyk, president and chief executive officer. “In the face of continued investor uncertainty, we maintained our strong organic growth momentum and had record sales of guidance and advice solutions, all while keeping our expenses in check.”
“TD Ameritrade continues to benefit from strong organic growth and disciplined management of our balance sheet,” said Bill Gerber, executive vice president and chief financial officer. “Our record organic growth this quarter helped grow interest rate sensitive assets to a record $90 billion, up 14 percent from last year, leaving us even better-positioned for rising interest rates. In addition, market fee-based revenue is up 28 percent year-over-year, driven by our effective referral and sales processes. We remain focused on maintaining our momentum as we move forward.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV