Henry Schein, Its Supplier Partners, And The Henry Schein Cares Foundation Disburse More Than $1 Million In Financial And Health Care Product Donations To 11 Relief Organizations In The Wake Of Hurricane Sandy
MELVILLE, N.Y., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, medical and animal health practitioners, today announced that the Company, its supplier partners and the Henry Schein Cares Foundation have fulfilled its commitment to contribute more than $1 million in financial donations and essential health care supplies to 11 relief organizations serving communities affected by Hurricane Sandy, which struck areas of the Northeastern United States on October 29. The Henry Schein Cares Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that carries out its mission through financial and health care product donations that support health care professionals and community-based programs focused on prevention, wellness, and treatment; disaster preparedness and relief; and capacity building of health institutions that provide training and care.
"We are proud to support the extraordinary work of the 11 organizations receiving our financial support and donations of health care supplies to assist in recovery efforts for communities affected by Hurricane Sandy," said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Henry Schein. "These donations, supported by the generosity of our Team Schein Members and supplier partners, exemplify the deep commitment to giving back to society that has been part of the character of Henry Schein since we were founded eight decades ago."
The Company donated essential health care and hygiene products to relief organizations serving communities affected by the storm. The donations were made through Henry Schein Cares, the Company's global corporate social responsibility program, in partnership with the Company's supplier partners. Recipients included AmeriCares, Direct Relief International and Heart to Heart International.
The Company's Henry Schein Hurricane Relief Fund, established through the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, provided a pathway for Team Schein Members and others who were interested in supporting relief efforts to contribute. Henry Schein matched all donations contributed to this fund by Team Schein Members. All proceeds of the Fund were applied directly and completely to support the relief efforts of the following local organizations:
- Island Harvest;
- FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties;
- North Shore Animal League America;
- ADA Foundation Hurricane Sandy Fund;
- New York State Dental Foundation Relief Fund;
- Empire State Medical, Scientific and Educational Foundation, Inc.; and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV