NRG Energy is increasing its guidance for both adjusted EBITDA and Free Cash Flow before Growth investments following the successful close of the GenOn transaction on December 14, 2012. Specifically, NRG is reaffirming 2013 adjusted EBITDA guidance, increasing its 2014 adjusted EBITDA guidance by $70 million and increasing both 2013 and 2014 Free Cash Flow before Growth guidance by $75 million and $55 million, respectively. These increases in guidance are relative to the guidance ranges for the combined company previously provided in connection with the merger announcement in July 2012 and are due to a number of factors, including:
- Updated outlook on forward commodity prices
- Review of expenditures for the combined portfolio
- Impact of reduction in projected environmental capital expenditures previously disclosed
|2013 and 2014 Guidance|
|($ in Millions)|
|Adjusted EBITDA 1||$2,535-$2,735||$2,700-$2,900|
|Wholesale||1,685 - 1,800||1,705 - 1,820|
|Retail||650 - 725||675 – 750|
|Solar Projects 2||200 - 210||320 – 330|
|FCF, before growth investments||$900-$1,100||$900-$1,100|
|Note: Reconciliation of Adjusted EBITDA are shown in Appendix|
|1Includes $150 million and $200 million in 2013 and 2014, respectively, of synergies as previously disclosed|
|2Solar projects include the EBITDA contribution from the projects net of non-controlling interest and excluding development expenses|
“Having closed the GenOn transaction ahead of our original expectations, we now have the opportunity to complete our review of the combined company’s business operations and are pleased to announce increased adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow guidance for 2013-2014,” said David Crane, NRG’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “NRG’s personnel are already fully engaged realizing both the synergies of the combination and the potential of our 47,000 megawatts of multi-fuel, multi-regional, across-the-merit-order generation capacity.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV