Limited liability companies, non-profit corporations, and limited liability partnerships doing business in Nebraska have until April 1, 2013 to file the required annual and biennial reports. Failure to file and pay the appropriate fee will result in the business being administratively dissolved.
Those entities are encouraged to file the reports online at: http://www.ne.gov/go/SOSreports.
- Reports can be filed 24 hours a day
- Online forms are pre-populated with information for easy submission
- Multiple Limited Liability Company reports may be filed together
- Limited Liability Partnerships practicing law can upload their Certificate of Authority from the Nebraska Supreme Court for approval
- Pay for reports with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or electronic check
Forms have been sent to each company with instructions.
“The sooner entities file, the better. For the past several years we have offered online filing of those reports, which is a great convenience for those business entities,” said Nebraska’s Secretary of State John Gale.Filers will notice that the forms for LLC’s have changed slightly to be compliant with statutory changes that went into effect on January 1, 2013. Unlike in previous years, new and returning businesses do not need to obtain a user name and password in order to file. “This makes it even easier for those business entities to file the necessary paperwork by the deadline and make their payment with a credit card or an electronic check,” said Secretary Gale. “When a business entity is dissolved by the state, it loses its limited liability protection, it loses its credit worthiness since it is no longer in good standing and it could potentially even lose its corporate name. We encourage the affected businesses and non-profits to not delay in getting this task completed. It’s even more essential now that active businesses file their reports, since another change in the law went into effect January 1, limiting the time that businesses have to reinstate to five years,” said Secretary Gale.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts