Adjusted net income available to common shareholders from continuing operations 1, which excludes costs resulting from the termination of a third party investment in a subsidiary, was $311 million or $0.22 per diluted share as compared to $312 million or $0.22 cents per diluted share in the third quarter. Adjusted pre-tax pre-provision income 1 totaled $493 million, up $24 million linked quarter.
“Although challenging economic headwinds persist, Regions has maintained an intense focus on meeting the needs of our customers,” said Grayson Hall, president and CEO. “I am pleased with the progress we made in 2012 and am encouraged that our efforts are building a strong foundation for sustainable growth in 2013 and beyond.”
To help drive its growth efforts, the company recently launched Regions360, a unique relationship banking model that begins with a full and detailed view of customers’ financial situation and deepens those relationships through assisting customers in achieving their financial goals and helping them succeed financially. The model is backed by a robust suite of management practices and tools that include systematic referrals across business lines, standardized implementation of proven best practices, training and certification for providing customers with advice and guidance, as well as detailed measurement through a standard performance dashboard based on the company’s successful service quality improvement effort. Through Regions360, the company expects to maximize opportunities to cross-sell throughout its consumer services, business, and Wealth Management lines of business.
In addition, new products, services, and channel capabilities that broaden Regions appeal and contribute to customer growth have been introduced and will continue into 2013. These include:
- Completed roll out of Now Banking, the first comprehensive suite of solutions for underserved households is growing customers at a rate of 10 percent per month
- Newly launched Regions “E-Access account” designed for customers who bank using online, mobile and cards
- Improved the digital experience with new mobile apps, including iPads, enhanced person-to-person payments with mobile cash back rewards, introduction of Regions My GreenInsights personal financial management tools, and improved online account opening and payment capabilities
- First quarter roll out of an industry leading mobile check deposit solution and check cashing at ATMs allowing customers to fund accounts from anywhere and access funds immediately
- New Front Counter and Teller Image, along with a new sales and service platform designed to drive cost efficiencies, improve customer experience and increase sales effectiveness
- Continued to expand the Wealth Management line of business; through an agreement with a third party vendor, Regions will offer a full suite of financial planning and investment services through its branch network to better meet the needs of mass-affluent customers and families
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts