Frost & Sullivan: Mobility, Cloud And Big Data Driving Innovation In The Social Collaboration Market
Social collaboration will also impact and transform other markets beyond enterprise collaboration. The integration of various communication channels, especially the e-mail and Instant Messaging (IM) is a result of the transformation.
Anand Balasubramanian, Industry Analyst, ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan ANZ says, "E-mail will continue to be relevant, however e-mail will be more social in nature in the coming years. We are already witnessing that sort of innovation from vendors in the marketplace."
The integration of social media with enterprise collaboration will also greatly benefit the contact centre industry, as the capabilities of contact centre agents will be improved by the integration of analytics with customer information, enabling agents to better collaborate with other agents and departments to assist the customer across multiple channels (voice, e-mail, chat).
The social collaboration market was initially identified as having a number of small players, each offering similar, identical services. However, the market is evolving towards an integrated platform approach in which the e-mail and IM forms are combined with social collaboration, voice, video and other applications. Unified-Communications (UC) vendors and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) providers are in a good position to leverage this demand and are beginning to include social collaboration capabilities and building these as strengths in their portfolios.As part of the research, Frost & Sullivan surveyed 210 IT decision makers in Australia to understand market behaviour and views towards Social Collaboration. Some of the key findings include:
- Close to 34% of organisations are at the inception stage of social collaboration adoption and are in the process of evaluating the role and scope of social collaboration as a part of an overall strategy.
- Microsoft, Google, Cisco and IBM were rated as the preferred vendors for social collaboration solutions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV