The JANUS(R) BioTx Pro(TM) Automated Workstation For Improved Process Development Of Protein Therapeutics (Photo: Business Wire)
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment announced the launch of the JANUS® BioTx ProTM automated workstation for improved process development of protein therapeutics at the 12th Annual Protein Science Week (PepTalk), January 21–25 in Palm Springs, Florida at booth #312. Designed for high throughput, small scale protein purification, it is the only workstation that accommodates multiple chromatography modes (column, tip and batch) eliminating the need for multiple instruments, resulting in more efficient and cost effective sample processing.
“Sample preparation for protein characterization can be a time consuming and tedious process,” said Kevin Hrusovsky, president Life Sciences and Technology, PerkinElmer “Automating this function frees up valuable research time and enables scientists to obtain critical information earlier in the protein development pipeline. This is particularly important to support quality by design experimentation in both upstream and downstream processes to improve product quality and reduce development time.”
The JANUS BioTx Pro enables small scale purification of µg to mg proteins on one system instead of three individual dedicated systems, supporting the use of commercially available plate and column based screening tools like GE PreDictor™ plates, PhyNexus PhyTip® columns and Atoll columns. Applications for the workstation include resin binding studies and conditions screening.
On January 24, at 9:50am, at the PepTalk Conference, Jeremy Lambert, Portfolio Director, Automation, will present a talk on PerkinElmer’s Automation and microfluidics technologies including how the JANUS Biotx Pro saves researchers time by automating sample preparation for protein characterization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV