SAN DIEGO, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., today announced significant momentum for the Qualcomm Reference Design (QRD) program, with the commercial launch of more than 170 devices and more than 100 designs in progress, supporting various network technologies including LTE-TDD, since the program's inception in November 2011. Qualcomm Technologies will share details surrounding this achievement and further expansion of the reference design program at the QRD Summit in Shenzhen, China on January 23 rd.
Presented by Qualcomm Technologies, the QRD Summit will feature an expo of more than 40 leading hardware component vendors and software solution providers demonstrating their work using the reference design program to simplify and accelerate high-volume smartphone development.
"At the QRD Summit, Qualcomm Technologies will bring together leading device manufacturers and software technology providers and present innovative techniques and tools that enable the development of differentiated, high-volume smartphones with lower costs and faster commercialization time," said Jeff Lorbeck, senior vice president of program management at Qualcomm Technologies. "The steadily growing number of commercial devices based on a Qualcomm Reference Design further validates Qualcomm Technologies' commitment to provide its OEM customers with specific products, features and programs, and differentiating technology in emerging regions globally."
QRD Summit participants include an ecosystem of support, vendors and business-critical relationships such as OEMs/ODMs, IHVs, ISVs and Internet companies with a common goal to commercialize differentiated devices quickly and cost effectively. The QRD Summit programming will cover:
- The introduction of a new online hub for device manufacturers using Qualcomm Reference Designs that enables them to quickly and easily receive a custom device software package per their unique specifications
- Highlights of manufacturers compelling new product designs based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon™ MSM™ 8x25Q processor, delivering a best-in-class user experience, including a quad-core CPU and integrated modem
- Visionary speakers from Qualcomm Technologies, including Cristiano Amon, co-president of Qualcomm Mobile and Computing; Jeff Lorbeck, senior vice president of program management; and Chenwei Yan, vice president of product marketing. Special guest speakers will represent China Mobile, Tianyu, Little Chilli, Yulong and Tencent, among others
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV