AUSTIN, Texas, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced 10 pieces of new application IP that enable engineers and scientists to use NI LabVIEW system design software to build their own custom RF instruments. This IP integrates with PXI FPGA targets such as the NI PXIe-5644R vector signal transceiver (VST) and extends their default capabilities by adding new features or enhancing performance in specific applications.
Each piece of IP is available in a stand-alone package so that users can add it to one of the default VST personalities and mix and match the relevant components for their applications. The IP is also prebuilt into examples to provide immediate access to its functionality. This eliminates the need for the user to compile the code and subsequently reduces development time. In addition to VST IP from National Instruments, NI Alliance Partners and third-party developers are creating IP and developing software add-ons for the VST.
"We use the VST to give our DOCSIS Channel Emulator multiple 'personalities.' This means we can test both mainstream features and unique corner cases," said Andy Brown, principal technology engineer at NI Platinum Alliance Partner Averna. "With the power, flexibility and compact size of the VST, we can deliver easy-to-use tools that help our customers test and troubleshoot their products faster."
Examples of IP
- Hardware power servoing for RF amplifier test
- RF channel impairments including fading, noise, multipath and Doppler effects
- Digital device under test control
- Contiguous I/Q waveform streaming to and from disk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV