CAIR Director: American Muslims Are Indebted To Dr. King
WASHINGTON, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today distributed a commentary by its National Executive Director Nihad Awad, titled "American Muslims are Indebted to Dr. King," to mark Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
CAIR distributed the column below through ISLAM-OPED, a syndication service designed to offer an American Muslim perspective on current political, social and religious issues.
ISLAM-OPED commentaries are offered free-of-charge to one media outlet in each market area. Permission for publication will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis. (CONTACT: CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org)
BEGIN COMMENTARYNihad Awad: American Muslims are Indebted to Dr. KingBy Nihad AwadWord Count: 578 [ Nihad Awad is national executive director for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil liberties group. He may be contacted at: email@example.com ] In my position as the leader of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest American Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, I am eternally grateful for the vision, struggle and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He did not struggle only to free his own generation, and his work will continue to bless many generations to come in America and around the world. Although there is much work yet to do, we witness the fruits of his struggle for justice and equality every day. Every time we succeed in protecting the rights of a Muslim child who is bullied because of his or her faith, or of a Muslim woman who is fired because she refuses to remove her religious headscarf (hijab), we employ the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV