Google (GOOG) ($704.51) is expected to earn $8.61 per share. Google set an all-time high at $774.38 on Oct. 5 then fell to $636.00 on Nov. 16, holding its 200-day SMA at $638.41 that day. The daily chart is negative, and the weekly chart is neutral. The five-week MMA is at $709.40. The stock has been upgraded to buy from hold. My quarterly value level is at $660.40, and my monthly risky level is at $734.46.
IBM (IBM) ($194.47) is expected to earn $5.25 per share. IBM set a multiyear high at $211.79. The stock is below its 200-day SMA at $196.91. The daily chart is neutral, and the weekly chart is positive, with the five-week MMA at $193.40. The stock has a buy rating. My weekly value level is at $191.39, and my quarterly risky level is at $228.38.
Texas Instruments (TXN) ($33.52) is expected to earn 33 cents per share. TXN is approaching its 52-week high at $34.24, which was set on March 27, 2012, and the stock is above its 200-day SMA at $29.39. The daily chart is overbought, and the weekly chart is also overbought, with the five-week MMA at $31.27 and the 200-week SMA at $27.98. The stock has a hold rating, with my quarterly value level at $28.56, an annual pivot at $32.99 and semiannual risky level at $41.27.
At the time of publication, Suttmeier had no positions in stocks mentioned.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV