- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust for a 9-inch pie
- 3 large eggs
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream
- Sweetened whipped cream made with Daily Chef™ Whipping Cream to serve, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prick the sweet potatoes in several places with a fork, and bake the sweet potatoes for 1 hour until soft. Leave the oven on. Remove and slightly cool the potatoes, then peel and puree in a food processor (or pass them through a ricer) and place in a small bowl. You should have about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ cups puree.
- Unroll the prepared pie crust and fit it into a 9-inch pie plate. Attractively crimp the edges of the crust with fingers or a fork.
- For the filling: in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and orange zest. Whisk in the pureed sweet potatoes, and then add sugar, cinnamon and salt and whisk into the sweet potato mixture until blended. Slowly whisk in cream until well combined. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake the pie for about 1 hour, until the filling is set. You can test this by inserting a sharp knife near the center; when it comes out clean, the pie is done. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve sliced with whipped cream, if desired.
In addition to recipe essentials, Members can pick up pantry staples such as spices and Daily Chef Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is bottled right after olives are harvested to guarantee maximum freshness.
For more simply delicious and nutritious recipes, "7 Ways to Use" sweet potatoes and cooking tips, visit SamsClub.com/meals.Now in its second year, the Sam's Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade features nationally-renowned chefs and cookbook authors to inspire members with simple, easy-to-make meal solutions. The Chef Brigade works with premium, flavor-rich ingredients from Sam's Club to create restaurant-quality recipes for households that savor value and taste. Visit SamsClub.com/meals for new recipes every month, alongside instructional videos and tips from the Chef Brigade, wine pairing recommendations and in-club sampling calendars. About Sam's Club Sam's Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is the nation's eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products and services to more than 47 million members in clubs across the U.S., as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico. Members save an average of 34 percent over traditional retailers. To learn more about Savings Made Simple ®, visit SamsClub.com, and look for Sam's Club on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and our Mobile and iPad® Apps.  SOURCE: University of Scranton, Journal of Psychology, " New Year's Resolution Statistics," [Original source: StatisticBrain.com, http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/ ] ( March 19, 2012)  Sam's Club will double the member's money back or refund of the original purchase price and replacement of Fresh product. The 200% Guarantee applies only to paid members with Sam's Club. It does not apply to 1-Day or other Passes. Non-members may return fresh product in exchange for the original purchase price only. SOURCE Sam's Club