ABBOTT PARK, Ill., Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Abbott (NYSE: ABT) has once again been named to the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats and S&P High Yield Dividend Aristocrats Indices.
The S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats comprises companies in the S&P 500 that have increased dividends every year for the past 25 consecutive years. The S&P High Yield Dividend Aristocrats includes companies within the S&P Composite 1500 with 20 straight years of dividend increases. Abbott has increased its dividend payout for 40 consecutive years.
Abbott's former research-based pharmaceutical business, which became the independent biopharmaceutical company AbbVie on Jan. 1, 2013, was also named to both lists based on the history of the combined companies' dividend record.
About AbbottAbbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people. Visit Abbott at www.abbott.com and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV