SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) today announced that it is now sampling the MAX3601, a highly integrated, 8-bit RGB laser driver for pico laser projectors in automobiles. It is a smaller size, brighter light, and lower cost solution than traditional technology, and it enables sharper, pixel-perfect heads-up displays (HUD) in automobiles.
This IC drives three RGB lasers to provide a brighter light without compromising the low power. The high intensity of the lasers project brighter, more vivid images onto the HUD to easily alert the driver while enhancing safety. In addition, its high integration means longer battery life, less heat build-up, and a smaller module size.
- Low cost: minimized PCB area with functional integration; three current-output laser drivers combined into one laser
- Low power: with only 80mW bias current, the device achieves maximum light output with excellent power efficiency
- Small size and easier design/manufacturing: three integrated lasers eliminate the need for additional optics
- High efficiency: less than 1W total module power provides long battery life, low heat dissipation, and minimal thermal sinking
- "The MAX3601 laser driver keeps drivers clean, conscious, and connected," said Mike Roberts, Executive Business Manager at Maxim Integrated. "Clean as in green, conscious as in safe, and connected as in infotainment. Maxim's new laser-based technology provides lower power and brighter, more visible alerts for safety and infotainment."
- "One of the key trends for automotive displays is higher resolution," said Richard Robinson, Director of Automotive Analysis at Strategy Analytics. "Sharper imagery in heads-up displays is critical for clarity, safety, and driver assistance applications."
- Available in 3mm x 3.5mm, 42-bump WLP and 5mm x 5mm, 40-pin TQFN packages.
- TQFN package specified over the -40 degrees C to +105 degrees C temperature range.
- Pricing starts at $3.94 (1000-up, FOB USA, TQFN package).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV