The NCHERM Group, LLC Appoints Brian Van Brunt, Ed.D., Respected Expert On Campus Violence, As Senior Vice President Of Professional Program Development
MALVERN, Pa., Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The NCHERM Group takes great pleasure in announcing the appointment of Brian Van Brunt to the newly created position of Senior Vice President. Brett A. Sokolow, Esq., President and CEO of The NCHERM Group, said, "Today, we welcomed Brian to our corporate family. He's a hugely respected expert, brilliant writer and fellow traveler on our mission for safer schools and campuses. We are lucky to have his talents at our table."
The NCHERM Group was formed in 2012 to serve as the umbrella for its own law and consulting practice ( www.ncherm.org) and its affiliated organizations:
- NaBITA, the National Behavioral Intervention Team association ( www.nabita.org);
- SCOPE, the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators ( www.wearescope.org);
- ATIXA, the Association of Title IX Administrators ( www.atixa.org),
- NCHERM-CR, a conflict resolution consultancy ( www.ncherm.org/services/ncherm-conflict-resolution);
- NaTAG, the NaBITA Threat Assessment Group consultancy http://nabita.org/resources/nabita-threat-assessment-group/;
- Title IX Expert Witness ( www.titleixexpertwitness.com);
- and SAeN, Student Affairs E-News ( www.studentaffairsenews.com).
Van Brunt will play additional roles across our organizations. He has been designated the president-elect of NaBITA for the 2015-2016 term, has been appointed as the current president of SCOPE and has been serving as the managing editor for SAeN. Additionally, Brian will chair the NaTAG threat assessment consulting group.
Dr. Van Brunt is a past-president of the American College Counseling Association. Over the past thirteen years, Brian has taught counseling theory, ethics, program evaluation, statistics and sociology topics at both public and private schools for both graduate and undergraduate students at five college and universities. Brian has served as the director of counseling at New England College and Western Kentucky University. He is the author of several books including: Ending Campus Violence: New Approaches in Prevention and A Faculty Guide to Addressing Disruptive and Dangerous Behavior in the Classroom. Brian is an expert on campus violence and has been interviewed by the New York Times, National Public Radio, LA Times, USA Today and has appeared on Headline News and Anderson Cooper 360.The creation of the Senior Vice President for Professional Program Development position will help to advance The NCHERM Group's innovative programming offerings. Brian has worked as an affiliated consultant with NCHERM over the past three years. Van Brunt said, "I am very excited to begin this new chapter of my life with my friends at The NCHERM Group. The power of our organization is found in the speed and flexibility with which we can develop quality programs, build client relationships and serve as a higher education think-tank on sexual assault, threat assessment, college counseling and higher education legal issues." For more information, contact Samantha Dutill, Vice President for Operations, The NCHERM Group, LLC. 116 E. King St., Malvern, PA 19355-2969. (610) 993-0229. Samantha@ncherm.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts