BICSI Winter Conference and Exhibition, Booth #233 – Today, 3M unveiled a portfolio of Passive Optical LAN Solutions for the enterprise LAN. The future-ready fiber-to-the-desktop LAN technology is gaining traction within the industry as the alternative to traditional copper-based Layer 2 Ethernet switches.
Passive Optical LAN is being adopted at a fast pace by large government and enterprise LAN customers attracted to the benefits of significant cost savings including up to 70 percent reduction of equipment and infrastructure, up to 80 percent less power costs because there is no active component required on every floor in the telecom room, and up to 90 percent less space and material requirements.
Delivering converged high bandwidth services with no need for active electronics between the main equipment room and the work area all over one singlemode fiber means POLS provides a better way of networking with the added benefit of future-proofing cabling infrastructure assets. Overall, POL requires less equipment using less energy (compared to traditional enterprise Ethernet LAN switches deployed over 100 Ohm Category copper twisted pair media) which translates to lower deployment and operating expenses for a smarter business solution.
3M draws on the experience of more than 50 years in telecommunications to optimize the Passive Optical LAN Solutions portfolio. 3M POLS products include:
- High-Performance Fiber Cable
- Innovative One Pass Fiber Pathways for below-the-ceiling
- Revolutionary Field Terminated Fiber Connectors
- Wall and Rackmount Fiber Distribution Systems
- Optimized Splitter Modules and Shelves
- Multi-fiber backbone trunks and MPO modules
- Various types of Pre-terminated Fiber Cable Assemblies needed for POL
- Faceplates and Wall Outlets
- Copper Patch Panels and Jacks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV