LANDesk Announces Client Management For HP ElitePad
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (Interchange) -- LANDesk Software today announced the availability of client management capabilities for the recently introduced HP ElitePad tablet. LANDesk is enabling the ElitePad through Management Suite 9.5 and the Cloud Services Appliance.
The HP ElitePad stands out from other tablet devices because it provides users with both the robust power of a PC and the ultra-portability of a tablet in a single, enterprise-ready device. By offering the option to run on the Windows 8 operating system, the ElitePad also addresses the consumer-like functionality that employees have come to prefer for both personal and enterprise computing. Due to these increased capabilities, the ElitePad requires the management needs of both a PC and a tablet. Management tasks that are straightforward for a PC can be difficult, limited or impossible for a typical tablet device. What's more, IT organizations must take into account tablet-specific management and security challenges, such as finding lost devices, securing corporate data when devices are lost or stolen and dealing with SIM cards, mobile apps and more. LANDesk and HP have partnered to provide a solution for these challenges that allows users to take advantage of the powerful capabilities and flexibility that the ElitePad offers, without causing IT organizations the additional pain and overhead of yet another management tool to master.
"We're excited to continue our extensive partnership with HP and to further enable IT organizations to manage enterprise devices with increasingly consumer-like capabilities," said Steve Daly, CEO, LANDesk. "With the ElitePad, end-users are provided with the functionality of two devices in one and IT can rest assured that they have full management capabilities. Thus, end-users are given the computing freedom they desire, while IT is able to maintain control."LANDesk can help organizations manage and maintain the HP ElitePad and derive even more value in putting the HP ElitePad to work in the following ways:
- Client Management for the ElitePad - Remotely manage BIOS, drivers, configuration and monitor HP hardware alerts
- Find My ElitePad - Quickly locate lost or stolen ElitePad by increasing GPS polling interval to closely track device location
- Protect Corporate and Personal Data - ElitePad Remote data protection enables you to remotely lock or reset the device to remove data
- Mass Activation of WWAN cards - Capture ElitePad SIM data, and streamline inventory and activation of WWAN cards
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV