With One-piece, Pre-assembled Designs, The Newest Fiber Connectors From 3M Are Engineered To Be Field Terminated, Providing A Completely Customizable, While Still Reliable, Mechanical Connectivity Solution. (Photo: Business Wire)
BICSI Winter Conference and Exhibition, Booth #233 – Today, 3M announced an expansion of its fiber connector product line for fast, on-site installation in the enterprise. With one-piece, pre-assembled designs, the newest fiber connectors from 3M are engineered to be field terminated, providing a completely customizable, while still reliable, mechanical connectivity solution.
With minimal tool requirements, simple installation and no need for cable slack storage, mechanical field terminations save installation time while helping minimize capital investment.
The expanded product family of LC, SC, and now ST fiber connectors from 3M enables contractors, design engineers and data center managers to install, customize and maintain a network architecture with one product family. New connectors from 3M include:
- 3M No Polish ST Connector for fast, on-site installation of 250 micron and 900 micron terminations utilizing a one-piece, pre-assembled design. The addition of the NPC ST Connectors completes the line of 250/900 micron No Polish Connectors from 3M.
3M No Polish Connector Jacket for fast, on-site installation
without an assembly tool. These LC and SC compatible connectors are
designed for the new generation on bend-insensitive
multimode fiber cables.
- LC connectors for 1.6 mm to 2.0 mm cable .
- SC connectors for 1.6 mm to 3.0 mm cable
- 3M Crimplok+ Connector for fast, easy field installations of 250 micron and 900 micron singlemode and multimode fiber. Combining the speed of mechanical splice connectors with the performance of fusion splice-on connectors, the Crimplok+ Connector from 3M is the first known, commercially available FTTX field-mounted fiber connector that meets indoor and outdoor performance requirements without a splice, gel or adhesive. These connectors are SC compatible with a metallic element that mechanically locks the fiber in place.
Choosing the right connectivity product can result in cost savings and efficient deployment while providing reliable service to customers. The high costs associated with factory-terminated cables – inventory expense, the need for slack storage and the pre-terminated cables themselves – have many providers opting for field-terminated connectors where the installation can be customized by using a reel of cable and connectors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV