The U.S. Navy awarded CSC (NYSE: CSC) and six other companies an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide acquisition and support services to the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SSC) Atlantic. Awarded in the third quarter of CSC’s fiscal year 2013, the contract has a one-year base period and four one-year options, for an estimated total value of $900 million for all companies if all options are exercised.
Under the terms of the contract, CSC will compete for task orders to provide acquisition, installation and follow-on support for command, control, communications, combat and computer (C5) systems to be provided to Department of Defense (DoD) agencies worldwide, both ashore and afloat.
“Through CSC’s unique combination of mission experience and knowledge of commercial best practices, we will ensure greater efficiencies for SPAWAR,” said Alan B. Weakley, vice president and general manager of CSC’s North American Public Sector Defense Group. “This experience will help SSC Atlantic meet its responsibility to fulfill the requirements for C5 systems for the Navy and other DoD agencies.”
About CSCCSC is a global leader in providing technology-enabled business and government solutions and services. Headquartered in Falls Church, Va., CSC has approximately 95,000 employees and reported revenue of $15.7 billion for the 12 months ended September 28, 2012. For more information, visit the company's website at www.csc.com. Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for CSC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV