, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions and World Economic Forum (WEF) strategic partner, will lead discussions at the WEF Annual Meeting 2013 this week, asserting that macro-economic forces driving the Human Age are creating an era of "certain uncertainty" and require innovative new approaches to the world of work.
This year, "Resilient Dynamism" is the focus of the WEF summit, with efforts to rebuild confidence and restore growth against looming political and economic shocks. Two years ago at
, ManpowerGroup was the first company to identify and announce the dawn of the Human Age, where talentism is replacing capitalism as the key competitive differentiator. In 2013, the forces at work creating such uncertainty mean companies require new leadership models, people practices and talent sources, and to develop their internal systems, culture, engagement and training.
"Companies everywhere must prepare for one certainty — uncertainty. This unpredictability requires the development of strategies that strikes the right balance between the need for built-in flexibility of plan and results," said
, ManpowerGroup President, "Businesses need to be prepared to adapt to changing conditions and opportunities, with access to the right talent critical to success in the ever-evolving Human Age."
ManpowerGroup's executive delegation at WEF is led by Prising; and includes
, Executive Vice President, Global Strategy and Talent;
, President of
, President of Corporate and Government Affairs. Sessions that they will be participating in include:
Wednesday 23 rd January:
- Scenarios for the Russian Federation, which examines the outlook for the country's economic development against a backdrop of significant global vulnerabilities.
- The Human Capital Context, analyzing which strategic shifts and transformational issues are impacting the education-skills-jobs nexus; youth unemployment and usage of technology by the workforce.
Thursday, 24 th January
- The Digital Infrastructure Context, analyzing the rise of networked devices, big data and cloud; shifting norms and regulations; increasing infrastructure vulnerability.
- Policy and Practice for the Age of Talent, exploring how a new understanding of the global human capital stock can help business and government make the right choices to deliver the right solutions across the education-skills-jobs nexus.
- G20 Outlook, discussing the role of the G20 group of nations in responding to global challenges.
- Eurozone Crisis — The Way Forward, examining what Europe must do to turn the current crisis into opportunity.
- Scaling Up Investment in Workplace Wellness for Measurable Impact: Demand for talent is set to outstrip supply as workforces dwindle due to aging and chronic disease, impacting capacity and productivity. To meet these challenges, employers must find cohesive and comprehensive new models to invest in and manage human capital, or face substantial financial and strategic risks.
Friday, 25 th January
- Preventing a Lost Generation: With more than 14 million people out of work and disengaged, this session will explore how Europe's leaders can prevent a lost generation of talent.
- Closing Critical Equality Gaps: With excessive inequality known to hinder social and economic progress, this session will examine how widening income gaps should be closed.
- The Economic Malaise and its Perils, exploring what near- and long-term political and societal risks are arising from the economic malaise.
ManpowerGroup™ (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions, creates and delivers high-impact solutions that enable our clients to achieve their business goals and enhance their competitiveness. With over 60 years of experience, our
company creates unique time to value through a comprehensive suite of innovative solutions that help clients win in the Human Age. These solutions cover an entire range of talent-driven needs from recruitment and assessment, training and development, and career management, to outsourcing and workforce consulting. ManpowerGroup maintains the world's largest and industry-leading network of 3,600 offices in 80 countries and territories, generating a dynamic mix of an unmatched global footprint with valuable insight and local expertise to meet the needs of its 400,000 clients per year, across all industry sectors, small and medium-sized enterprises, local, multinational and global companies. By connecting our deep understanding of human potential to the ambitions of clients, ManpowerGroup helps the organizations and individuals we serve achieve more than they imagined – because their success leads to our success. And by creating these powerful connections, we create power that drives organizations forward, accelerates personal success and builds more sustainable communities. We help power the world of work. The ManpowerGroup suite of solutions is offered through ManpowerGroup™ Solutions, Manpower®, Experis™ and Right Management®. Learn more about how ManpowerGroup can help you win in the Human Age at
ManpowerGroup is the most trusted brand in the industry, and was once again the only company in our industry to be named to the Ethisphere Institute's 2012 World's Most Ethical Companies list for our proven commitment to ethical business practices, including an outstanding commitment to ethical leadership, compliance practices and corporate social responsibility.