PLEASANTON, Calif., Jan. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Adept Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:ADEP), a leading provider of intelligent robots and autonomous mobile solutions, announces the launch of the Adept Lynx. Lynx is a self-navigating Autonomous Indoor Vehicle (AIV) designed for moving material from point to point in challenging environments that may include confined passageways as well as dynamic and peopled locations. Given the vehicle's intuitive user interface, the system can be customized for various applications and payloads by integrators, distributors, and users alike. Lynx will be showcased in Adept's booth #354 at the Automate 2013 show as well as in partner booths at the adjoining ProMat show January 21-24 in Chicago, Illinois.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16722
"Unlike traditional autonomously guided vehicles (AGVs), Lynx requires no facility modifications, such as floor magnets or navigational beacons, saving users up to 15% in deployment costs," said Rush LaSelle, vice president and general manager of mobile robots for Adept Technology. "Additionally, the vehicle includes Adept's proprietary software and controls allowing it to intelligently navigate around people and unplanned obstacles, that stop AGVs short."Manufacturing, warehousing, clean technologies, and healthcare are but a few industries already realizing attractive returns on invested capital through the use of mobile robots from Adept. The Lynx AIV supports payloads up to 60kg, utilizes digital map for localization and manages power and self charging operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV