Statement By The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister Of State (Sport), On The Death Of Richard Garneau
OTTAWA, Jan. 20, 2013 /CNW/ - It was with sadness that I learned of the passing of Quebec sport commentator and journalist, Richard Garneau.
In his 33 year career at Societe Radio Canada, M. Garneau covered 23 Olympic Games, more than any other journalist in the world, missing only the Atlanta Games in 1996. M. Garneau last covered the opening and closing ceremonies at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Known for his role at la Soiree du Hockey, M Garneau received numerous accolades for his journalism over his 3 decade long career. He was awarded the Order of Quebec in 2000, the Order of Canada in 2006 and entered into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1999.
M. Garneau was an iconic figure in sports broadcasting in Quebec and in Canada. His voice, his insightful commentary and his encyclopedic knowledge of Olympic Games will be sadly missed in the world of Canadian sports journalism.On behalf of the Government of Canada, I would like to offer my condolences to the family and friends of Richard Garneau and to Canada's sport community for the loss of this great Canadian. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV