Children with savings accounts are seven times more likely to attend college, according to research. Even modest savings have been shown to not only provide children with a foundation to begin paying for their educations, but childhood exposure to basic money management helps to build the financial skills they will need throughout their lives. Over the course of a lifetime, individuals with college degrees earn up to 75 percent more than those with just high school diplomas – nearly $1 million more in total.
Kindergarten to College began as a two-year pilot launched by the Office of the Mayor and the Office of the Treasurer in San Francisco along with the Department of Children, Youth and their Families, the San Francisco Unified School District and a number of non-profit organizations, including CFED, EARN, the San Francisco Foundation and the New America Foundation. In 2012, Mayor Edwin M. Lee and the Board of Supervisors approved funding to expand the pilot into a permanent universal savings program.
About Citi Community Development
Citi Community Development is leading Citi’s commitment to achieve
economic empowerment and growth for underserved individuals, families
and communities by expanding access to financial products and services,
and building sustainable business solutions and innovative partnerships.
Our focus areas include: commercial and philanthropic funding;
innovative financial products and services; and collaborations with
institutions that expand access to financial products and services for
low-income and underserved communities. For more information, please
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV