NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities law firm, is investigating potential securities fraud at Align Technology, Inc. ("Align" or the "Company") (NasdaqGS: ALGN).
The investigation focuses on whether the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws by failing to disclose that: (1) Align had materially overstated the Company's income and earnings; (2) the Company had failed to write down goodwill associated with the April 2011 acquisition of Cadent Holdings, Inc. ("Cadent"); (3) the goodwill associated with the Cadent acquisition had been materially impaired as the Company's negotiations with the Straumann Group ("Straumann"), the Company's exclusive distributor in Europe, over a distribution arrangement were failing; and (4) the Company's sales and current sales trend could not support Align's optimistic third quarter fiscal year 2012 financial forecasts.
On October 17, 2012, the Company disclosed that as a result of the termination of its distribution agreement with Straumann, Align would need to review its goodwill and could sustain a large impairment charge, erasing a significant portion of the goodwill value of Cadent. On the same day, the Company issued a press release pre-announcing its third quarter fiscal 2012 financial results, which missed market revenue and earnings expectations. In addition, the Company reported that Cadent's sales and services revenues had declined nearly 16%, year-over-year. Finally, the Company issued weak revenue and earnings outlook for the fourth quarter of 2012, well short of prior expectations. On these disclosures, Align's stock price plummeted more than 20%, from a close of $35.41 per share on October 17, 2012 to a close of $28.18 per share on October 18, 2012.Request more information now by clicking here: www.faruqilaw.com/ALGN. There is no cost or obligation to you. Take Action
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV