Flight Attendant Union Recognizes Alaska Airlines Flight 819 Crewmembers' Professionalism
WASHINGTON, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) recognizes the professionalism of the Flight Attendants on Alaska Airlines flight 819 after being alerted to a suspicious person on board as fighter jets escorted the aircraft safely to Seattle. AFA represents nearly 3,000 Flight Attendants at Alaska Airlines.
"The Flight Attendants onboard flight 819 demonstrated professionalism and composure despite irregular events. These two qualities are vital for Flight Attendants who are the first responders for in-flight emergencies of all kinds. These AFA Flight Attendants took immediate action and performed their role flawlessly. Through preparedness and vigilance, the Flight Attendants helped to ensure that all passengers onboard flight 819 arrived safely and without disruption. We applaud our colleagues for their teamwork and for providing a shining example of the role of Flight Attendants as the last line of defense," said Jeffrey Peterson, AFA President at Alaska Airlines.
The Association of Flight Attendants is the world's largest Flight Attendant union. Focused 100 percent on Flight Attendant issues, AFA has been the leader in advancing the Flight Attendant profession for 67 years. Serving as the voice for Flight Attendants in the workplace, in the aviation industry, in the media and on Capitol Hill, AFA has transformed the Flight Attendant profession by raising wages, benefits and working conditions. Nearly 60,000 Flight Attendants come together to form AFA, part of the 700,000-member strong Communications Workers of America (CWA), AFL-CIO. Visit us at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV