California American Water announced today that applications are now being accepted for its 2013 Environmental Grant Program.
The company will award several grants for a combined total of $10,000 to innovative community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect watersheds and drinking water supplies within the state.
A wide variety of conservation projects are eligible for funding, such as watershed cleanups, educational programs, biodiversity projects, waterway restoration projects, wellhead protection initiatives and hazardous waste collection efforts.
“We are all environmental stewards in protecting California’s diverse watershed, and this program is one way we help communities play an active role in this important effort,” said Rob MacLean, president of California American Water. “I encourage municipalities, schools, environmental organizations and civic groups to apply for a grant to support projects that will benefit their local water ecosystem.”To qualify, proposed projects must:
- Be located within one or more of California American Water's service areas;
- Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community;
- Be completed between May 1, 2013 and November 29, 2013;
- Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program;
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations; and
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV