LAS VEGAS, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At this year's Consumer Telematics Show (CTS), keynote speaker Frank Hirschenberger presented a powerful solution to one of the most vexing problems facing automakers in the Digital Era: how to help drivers safely maintain, access and upgrade the myriad applications found on smartphones and in-vehicle systems.
As Hirschenberger detailed in his talk, automakers need to migrate apps out of devices and into cloud-based servers where they can develop, deploy, and update apps with ease. (To see a video of Hirschenberger's presentation, click here).
Hirschenberger directs product innovation development at Agero Connected Services, the long-time telematics provider to global automakers. Agero used the annual forum on in-vehicle infotainment as a springboard to unveil its unique AgeroView℠ cloud delivery platform and DevKit. Just prior to CTS, Agero also announced its strategic partnership with XSe on development of an automotive-quality, connected reference platform for in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
" AgeroView is all about giving automakers greater control over managing change. Auto manufacturers need the ability to easily deploy and update connected content and services, and even the human-machine interface within vehicles, thereby ensuring continual compliance with changing regulations or guidelines,'' said Hirschenberger. "By moving apps to the cloud where they can be developed, deployed, and updated with ease, automakers will no longer have to worry about the capabilities of the smartphone or in-vehicle hardware. Any content delivered to any device. THAT is the target.''The AgeroView platform delivers benefits to all major stakeholders in the automotive chain:
- For vehicle product planners: Freshness of applications and content for the life of the vehicle.
- For engineering: The long-sought flexibility in design as well as commonality across devices.
- For vehicle platform teams: A new way to differentiate their products.
- For automobile dealerships: A channel for more personalized customer interaction through situation-aware messaging.
- For vehicle owners: Satisfaction with their vehicle purchase and spurring greater loyalty to their automobile brand.