California Labor Enforcement Task Force Issues Stop Orders For Dangerous Equipment At LA Garment Businesses
Businesses operating underground generally violate those laws that are designed to protect workers and California's economy. Skirting income taxes, not carrying workers' compensation insurance, failing to provide required workplace safeguards and paying employees less than what they are owed are common practices of underground businesses. These underground operations subsequently require lower overhead, giving an unfair advantage to the illegal businesses over legitimate, law-abiding employers.
California workers and employers can contact the LETF hotline at 855-297-5322 to report documented complaints and enforcement tips. Complaints will be screened and prioritized in order to catch the most egregious offenders.
CONTACT: Erika Monterroza Peter Melton (510) 286-1161Internet: www.dir.ca.gov Twitter: @CA_DIR Facebook.com/CaliforniaDIR SOURCE California Labor Enforcement Task Force/DIR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV