BOTOX(R) (onabotulinumtoxinA) Receives U.S. Food And Drug Administration Approval For The Treatment Of Overactive Bladder For Adults Who Have An Inadequate Response To Or Are Intolerant Of An Anticholinergic Medication
In addition to its therapeutic uses, the same formulation of BOTOX® with dosing specific to moderate to severe glabellar lines was approved by the FDA in 2002 under the trade name BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA). BOTOX® Cosmetic is indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines (frown lines between the eyebrows) associated with corrugators and/or procerus muscle activity in adult patients up to 65 years of age.
Since its first approval in 1989, BOTOX® has been recognized by regulatory authorities worldwide as an effective treatment for 26 different indications in approximately 85 countries, benefiting millions of patients worldwide.
In addition to the more than 22 years of clinical experience, the safety and efficacy of BOTOX® have been well-established in approximately 65 randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials and in approximately 15,000 patients treated with BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic in Allergan’s clinical trials. 6 Worldwide, approximately 35 million vials of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic have been distributed over the past 21 years (1990-2011). 7
With approximately 2,500 articles on BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic in scientific and medical journals, 8 BOTOX® neurotoxin is one of the most widely researched medicines in the world.BOTOX® (onabotulinumtoxinA) & BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) Important Information IndicationsBOTOX® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used:
- to treat overactive bladder symptoms such as a strong need to urinate with leaking or wetting accidents (urge urinary incontinence), a strong need to urinate right away (urgency), and urinating often (frequency) in adults 18 years and older when another type of medicine (anticholinergic) does not work well enough or cannot be taken.
- to treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults 18 years and older with overactive bladder due to neurologic disease who still have leakage or cannot tolerate the side effects after trying an anticholinergic medication
- to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine who have 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day in people 18 years or older
- to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
- to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV